• We're half back! There's a lot missing, but you can find out more here,

You are now able to log into the forums and post

Club de Nuit Intense Man vs. Creed Aventus

fragrancedude

Jun 7, 2015
That's too bad. I like Aventus, but prefer the Armaf CDNI for man. It's a beautiful work of art. It's more than a copy, it's an improvement. Aventus is still the top dog, but its just not as lavishly wearable at that price point. I just hope the quality of the Armaf doesn't go down because of all the well deserved hype.

MegaMav

Dec 12, 2013
To each his own. They are not for me.

Im not sure why you're commenting in this thread if thats the case.

Aventus is a great fragrance, its gets a lot of pub because its easily loved by both sexes.
With that said, the "natural ingredients" Creed company line is marketing in my opinion.
Creed fragrances dont smell any more "natural" than other well done scents with prominent notes.
Certainly the claim of ambergris cannot be that of natural origin. It doesnt smell naturally of pineapple or even apple for that matter.
IF ANYTHING I smell a somewhat natural sweet/tart black currant.

Anyway, im not sure why we judge everything even remotely close to Aventus as a pass/fail based on how close it is.
Fragrances are fragrances, and IMO should be judged on their own merit.

If someone does create a fragrance exactly the same as a Creed fragrances are all the apologists going to mail in letter to their local senators?
Its crazy how serious some people take this hobby. Step back, take a deep breath and ask yourself, does it smell good or not?

fragrancedude

Jun 7, 2015

Aventus is a great fragrance, its gets a lot of pub because its easily loved by both sexes.
With that said, the "natural ingredients" Creed company line is marketing in my opinion.
Creed fragrances dont smell any more "natural" than other well done scents with prominent notes.
Certainly the claim of ambergris cannot be that of natural origin. It doesnt smell naturally of pineapple or even apple for that matter.

Anyway, im not sure why we judge everything even remotely close to Aventus as a pass/fail based on how close it is.

If someone does create a fragrance exactly the same as a Creed fragrances are all the apologists going to mail in letter to their local senators?
Its crazy how serious some people take this hobby. Step back, take a deep breath and ask yourself, does it smell good or not?

Agreed.

sdotlow

Jul 4, 2014
That's too bad. I like Aventus, but prefer the Armaf CDNI for man. It's a beautiful work of art. It's more than a copy, it's an improvement. Aventus is still the top dog, but its just not as lavishly wearable at that price point. I just hope the quality of the Armaf doesn't go down because of all the well deserved hype.

June 2015 account creation. Wonder who this is?

stuigi

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 3, 2004
Last year it was Ilum Dean Fresco that was the cheap Aventus alternative...

silentrich

May 27, 2009
Last year it was Ilum Dean Fresco that was the cheap Aventus alternative...

Actually that was 2 to 3 years. Aventus was also a cheaper alternative to itself back then. Of course it wasn't the pineapple heavy batches, but more of the smokey pineapple with the apple twist batches. It's all a bit confusing after awhile.

Last edited:

NeoXerxes

Jun 27, 2014

Since when are members prohibited from commenting on threads to express a negative opinion?

Aventus smells WAY more natural and high quality than any knockoff I've ever encountered. And incidentally, we judge knockoffs based on whether or not they can successfully approximate the fragrance they are copying. That is why they are knockoffs and not standalone fragrances. There is no innovation - knockoffs are derivative by their nature.

MegaMav

Dec 12, 2013
Since when are members prohibited from commenting on threads to express a negative opinion?

Aventus smells WAY more natural and high quality than any knockoff I've ever encountered. And incidentally, we judge knockoffs based on whether or not they can successfully approximate the fragrance they are copying. That is why they are knockoffs and not standalone fragrances.

I have a more than an educated guess that you would never admit to anything improving on Aventus.
Who says this fragrance discussed or any other previous fragrance is a knockoff? Is there anything in the marketing saying its a cheap alternative to Aventus or are you just anointing it as such?

There is no innovation - knockoffs are derivative by their nature.

If thats the case, how do you feel about Creed's Original Santal and Mont Blanc Individuel?
Which is the knockoff?

NeoXerxes

Jun 27, 2014
I have a more than an educated guess that you would never admit to anything improving on Aventus.
Who says this fragrance discussed or any other previous fragrance is a knockoff? Is there anything in the marketing saying its a cheap alternative to Aventus or are you just anointing it as such?

The first sentence of this thread refers to the Armaf as a "clone", so that's close enough for me. And as for your former point, you seem to be suggesting that I would lie to protect the reputation of Aventus. That is simply not true, and I'm not sure why you feel the need to make that accusation.

silentrich

May 27, 2009
What amazes me is there can be good discussions about other alternatives to expensive fragrances, but as soon as Aventus is mentioned everyone goes apeshi* crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MegaMav

Dec 12, 2013
The first sentence of this thread refers to the Armaf as a "clone", so that's close enough for me. And as for your former point, you seem to be suggesting that I would lie to protect the reputation of Aventus. That is simply not true, and I'm not sure why you feel the need to make that accusation.

I didnt say anything about lying.

NeoXerxes

Jun 27, 2014
I didnt say anything about lying.

"I have a more than an educated guess that you would never admit to anything improving on Aventus." Excuse me. You suggested that I would mislead everyone by never admitting that.

That's beside the point. Back to the topic at hand, I think it's reasonable for me to assume that a $30-50 knockoff won't be comparable to the $350 original.

sdotlow

Jul 4, 2014
The larger issue with all of this is that these threads keep getting created and responded to by brand new accounts. A fragrance no one's ever heard of before, and a stream of brand new accounts promoting them.

And one individual promoting them getting banned, and repeatedly returning and creating accounts through a proxy.

There are patterns here being ignored.

silentrich

May 27, 2009
The larger issue with all of this is that these threads keep getting created and responded to by brand new accounts. A fragrance no one's ever heard of before, and a stream of brand new accounts promoting them.

And one individual promoting them getting banned, and repeatedly returning and creating accounts through a proxy.

I agree it's ridiculous and a member like this should not be able to posts threads in other members names and come back with another bogus account time and time again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fahrenheit13

Oct 8, 2014

Yeah I agree, it's all a bit suss...

bigbynum

Mar 9, 2015
With all the hate that these "clones/knockoffs" take I wonder if it's the same towards breast implants, nose jobs and other cosmetic changes humans undergo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGarpen