• We're half back! There's a lot missing, but you can find out more here,

You are now able to log into the forums and post

Clive Christian Papyrus?

StylinLA

Aug 9, 2009
Anyone here ever put a nose on CLIVE CHRISTIAN ART NOVEAU PAPYRUS?
Reviews are scant

It's supposed to be a fougere and I have a thing for those.

Don't know if another fougere is worth their steep price, but would like to hear from some people with direct experience of this one.

dougczar

Mar 3, 2012
I had a sample of it a while back. It is very well made, and nice from an artistic point. But after wearing it for a few hours, I didn't want it on me anymore. A+ for art and quality, but just a little cloying after some time. I really don't remember too much about the scent however. Just that it wasn't quite my style.

HFMIII

Nov 29, 2016
I thought it was ok. A nice fragrance, but only that. Nothing really special. Not worth the price imo.

I agree with your assessment, I have a sample of it floating around somewhere. If I were to run across it heavily discounted I may pick it up, but I don't feel it's special enough to warrant it's asking price.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
I have a sample, and I’m with Scents & Sense. It’s OK, but I can think of way more exciting things for that much money.

StylinLA

Aug 9, 2009
Thanks for the replies. It sounds generally likable enough, but mostly not loved. Not seeing a lot of "wow" type comments.

I'll sniff it next trip out, but unless it really wows me, focus elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CTH3