Yesterday at the Esxence fragrance fair in Milan, the nominees for the fifth annual Art & Olfaction Awards were announced by Institute for Art and Olfaction's Director Saskia Wilson-Brown, along with judges Antonio Gardoni, Spyros Drosopoulos, Ashraf Osman and Simon Niedenthal.
The winners will be announced in a ceremony held at the Tabernacle in London on Saturday, April 21, 2018.
- Bee's Bliss by Sonoma Scent Studio (Laurie Erickson)
- Chienoir by BedeauX (Amanda Beadle)
- Cigar Rum by Strangers Parfumerie (Prin Lomros)
- Club Design by The Zoo (Christophe Laudamiel)
- Impressions de Giverny by Fort and Manle (Rasei Fort)
- Morah by Pryn Parfum (Prin Lomros)
- Silphium by Stora Skuggan (Tomas Hempel, Olle Hemmendorff)
- Touchstone by Aether Arts Perfume (Amber Jobin)
- Villa M by Paul Schütze Perfume (Paul Schütze)
- Wonderly by The House of Oud (Andrea Casotti)
- A.E.O.M. by Bijon (Cécile Zarokian, Oliver Babic)
- Ankh Sun Amon by Anima Mundi (Cristian Calabrò, Andrea Casotti, Emilia Chinigò)
- Cacao Aztèque by Perris Monte Carlo (Mathieu Nardin, Gian Luca Perris)
- Eau de Virginie by Au Pays de la Fleur d'Oranger (Jean-Claude Gigodot, Virginie Roux)
- Elephant by Zoologist (Chris Bartlett, Victor Wong)
- London by Gallivant Perfumes (Karine Chevallier, Nick Steward)
- Nuit de Bakélite by Naomi Goodsir (Isabelle Doyen, Naomi Goodsir, Renaud Coutaudier)
- Osang by Talismans - Collezione Preziosa (Giovanni Festa, Stefania Squeglia)
- Pink Heart v.6 by Map Of The Heart (Jacques Huclier, Nisrine Grillie, Sarah Blair, Jeffrey Darling, Giovanna Aicardi)
- Rose Olivier by Bastide (Mathieu Nardin, Frederic Fekkai)
SADAKICHI AWARD FOR EXPERIMENTAL WORK WITH SCENT
- Olfactory Games by Maki Ueda
- Under the Horizon by Oswaldo Macia (IFF)
- Smoke Flowers by Peter de Cupere (IFF (Bernardo Fleming, Meahb Mc Curtin, Laura French, Gregoire Hausson, Marine Hetheier))
- Whoa (Pineapple Nails) by Aleesa Cohene
- The Library of Smell by Hisako Inoue with Anne Marr (Mika Shirasu for ERATO Touhara Chemosensory Project)
CONTRIBUTION TO SCENT CULTURE AWARD
Given to an outstanding person who makes significant contributions to public awareness of artisan, independent and experimental practices with scent on an international scale.
AFTEL AWARD FOR HANDMADE PERFUME
Given to one outstanding small batch perfume that was 100% perfumer-created, in-house, with no use of outsourced compounding or expansion at any stage of the process.
You can find out more about the finalists at the Awards website here.